Installation and Setup guidelines for redistributing DBPix to multiple machines
|There are several easy ways to install DBPix on target computers if you are redistributing DBPix or using the control on multiple machines.|
- Your application's own installer can include the 'Quiet/Silent' installer and launch ('spawn') it during the setup (recommended).
- Your application's own installer can perform the installation directly by including the DBPix control and dependencies and using the control's self-registering capabilties.
- The 'Quiet/Silent Install' can be run directly by the user or by an administrator on the target system.
- An Access application can include the setup in the database, and check at startup if DBPix is installed - if not the setup is extracted from the database and executed. See the Auto-install sample for an example.
- Web-based applications can use the component-download service, eg using .cab files.
See also the Technical Articles relating to licensing and redistribution topics.
The 'Developer's Install' includes the DBPix control, dependencies, samples and documentation in a single self-installing executable.
The 'Quiet/Silent Install' is a single self-installing executable that can be run without user interaction to install the required runtime components to a default location on the target system.
Both installs are available on the Downloads page.
For information on file versions and dependencies see the readme file that came with your version of DBPix.