The Image Control for Microsoft® Access
|DBPix features in O'Reilly's |
"Fixing Access Annoyances"
Add Images to Access - Easily & Efficiently
Enrich Your Access Database with Images
Click to enlarge
"A picture is worth a thousand words" - Database users are bombarded with words and numbers - adding images to your database enhances usability and reliability by improving recognition and reducing errors.
Easy & Efficient - Seamless Integration with Access
DBPix is the easiest and most efficient way to handle photographs & images in Microsoft Access - it integrates seamlessly with MS Access, and works just like the form & report controls you already know. Get DBPix, and start using images in your databases, as easily as you use regular data-types.
Avoid All the Access Imaging Gotchas
Maybe you've already tried to add images to Access - perhaps you found your database size exploded, it wouldn't work on other systems, you had to write hundreds of lines of code, or that it slowed to a crawl. Access is notorious for problems like these with images, but DBPix overcomes all of them, including 'OLE Object bloat', application dependencies, complex coding, performance & compatibility problems, and more.
|Everything You Need is Built-In, so you can be adding photos and pictures to your Access database in minutes, and without writing a single line of code. Just insert a DBPix image control in your Access form or report, select an OLE Object field as the control source, then you're ready to start inserting images. |
|Data-binding|| - Fast, easy development.|
|Background decoding|| - Responsive forms & fast record scrolling.|
|Resampling/thumbnailing|| - Optimized storage, performance & display quality.|
|Lossless JPEG rotation|| - Rotate portrait images without quality loss.|
|TWAIN|| - Scanner & digital camera control.|
|EXIF viewer|| - View camera and photo info & metadata.|
|Intuitive user-interface|| - Zoom, pan & quick access to all features.|
|Drag and drop|| - Intuitive and easy to use.|
|Access 2007 ||Access 2003 ||Access XP (2002) ||Access 2000 ||Access 97 |
|Windows 7 ||Windows Vista ||Windows XP ||Server 2008 ||Server 2003 |
|Windows 2000 ||Windows NT ||Windows ME ||Windows 98 ||Windows 95 |
|Product Catalogues ||Stock & Inventory Databases ||Content Management |
|Personnel Systems ||Membership & Id Cards ||Picture Libraries |
|Law Enforcement ||Image Publishing ||Document Management |
|Photo Archives ||Property & Real-Estate ||Auto Sites |
|Auction Sites ||Galleries & Portfolios ||Home Inventory |
Technical Features & Capabilities:
- ActiveXTM data-binding - handle images as easily as conventional data-types.
- Asynchronous (background) decoding.
- Integrated EXIF Viewer.
- Lossless JPEG Rotation.
- Store images inside database tables, as external files, or a mixture of both, to build scalable & manageable solutions.
- Automate image processing and content management.
- Optimize quality, compression, performance, bandwidth & storage.
- Create 'purposed' images - thumbnail, detail, print, archive etc.
- Manage web or intranet image content.
- Work with all common databases and field types, eg MS Access mdb & mde, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and other databases with Blob, OLEObject, or equivalent long binary data types for storage of images embedded in the database table.
- Use with Microsoft® Access, Visual Basic®, Internet Explorer, Visual C++®, VBScript, VBA, DAO, ADO and more.
- Compressed bitmap image storage using industry-standard jpeg encoding or lossless png.
- TWAIN support for integrating scanners & digital cameras.
|Single User license|
For a single-user application on one computer system.
|Buy Now - US $ 99.00|
|Multi-User (Site/Redistribution) license|
For site-wide deployment, or redistributing DBPix with an application.
|Buy Now - US $ 349.00|
|Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.|| |